- After the Fashion Show
"Sherri rabinowitz" <rithebard @ yahoo.com>
- AFTER THE FASHION SHOW
BY SHERRI RABINOWITZ
- DISCLAIMER; This short little story takes
place after the episode, Steele Threads. All rights belong to
MTM and Michael Gleason, this is just how I wrapped up my thoughts
at the end of episode?
- They had left the fashion studio after signing the report
for the police they went to the office. They had a lot of paper
work to do still and they decided to get it done now.
- Laura was working on the stack of paperwork but Remington
was staring out the window. This was not at all unusual but Laura
would have liked a bit of help.
- Mr. Steele, do you intend to contribute anything to
- When he turned around the expression on his face truly concerned
- Whats wrong?
- He looked right into her eyes with such deep vulnerability
that she felt like she would melt right into her chair.
- Laura, when I thought you died
and then turned back to the window.
- Laura got up out of her chair and went to Remington, she
put her hand on his shoulder and asked softly, What were
you going to say?
- He pulled her into his arms and kissed her deeply and passionately.
They had kissed before but this time Laura felt the fire and
need in the kiss it was like she was in the middle of a fireworks
display. She also felt something else, like he loved her. It
wasnt the first time she had felt it but this time it was
deeper and it melted her heart.
- When he pulled back there were tears in his beautiful blue
eyes, he didnt let her go. He held her face tenderly, stroking
her cheeks with his thumbs.
- He cleared his throat and said softly, When I thought
I lost you, it felt like my heart stopped. Like someone tore
it out actually. I always knew I cared for you deeply, passionately
but I never felt like that before. I felt like I lost a part
of myself and I was flooded with regret. All the things I wanted
to say, all the things I wanted to tell you
- This was the strongest declaration of his feeling that he
had ever made. She tenderly kissed him. He returned it and hugged
- Shh, youre suffering
- No, I have wanted to tell you all night but with everything
happening I had to hold it back.
- What did you want to tell me?
- It confirmed something that I had known since I first
set eyes on you. It scares me but excites me at the same time.
I have never felt like this and I am not really sure how I should
I have always known that I cared for you more then
any other woman in life. Ever. I never want you out of my life
- Laura was stunned. He was making as much of a commitment
as it was possible for him to make. She understood him better
then he thought and she was really touched by his honesty. She
knew what he meant, she felt the same way.
- I dont want you to ever leave me either, but
use to picking up and leaving. I wouldnt want you to think
I was some kind of noose
- Never, no. The freedom you have given me has shown
me that, your unswerving loyalty, youre not that at all.
I really mean it.
- One step at a time?
- He nodded and smiled. He pulled her back for another loving
kiss. One step of many.
- Thats a deal.
- *** *** ***
- The next day after the brothers had left the office; Remington
smiled at Laura and said,
I have a gift for you too.
- Oh? What, Ear muffs? She said joking holding
up the scarf that the brothers had given her.
- He pulled a gift out of his pocket and handed it to her.
She carefully undid it; she could see it was driving him crazy
which just made her go slower.
- Laura, its just store gift wrap you dont have
to be so bloody careful.
- I like to keep it, its pretty. She smiled and
looked at the black velvet box. He smiled and said,
- Please open it I want to know if you like it.
- Im sure I will. I wonder what it is?
- Well you will never know if you dont open it.
- She opened the box, it was amulet shaped like a heart. On
the front were two hearts interlocked made of diamonds. She smiled
up at him and his face lit up with joy.
- Read the inscription on the inside cover.
- She opened the locket and it said, The first step in
- Its amazing. Thank you. She stepped up
to him, pulled him to her by his lapels and kissed him deeply.
- THE END?